Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A taste of Ethiopia

While we are waiting for our adoption to move along, Tor and I have kept busy learning more about the country of Ethiopia and reading books on being the world's most awesome parents...or at least just being parents.  I am learning more about Attachment Parenting, and agree with probably 80% of it.  I remember hearing babies crying when I was younger and it would make me soooo sad.  I just thought "they clearly don't understand what is going on and why you are not picking them up...so just pick them up already!" Maybe I am just too sensitive and my children will be spoiled rotten.

As you may know, one of Tor's favorite activities is...basketball, video games, comic books, EATING.  You guessed it!  So, this weekend we treated ourselves to a little Ethiopian cuisine at Cafe Colucci in Berkeley.


  




Injera = your knife, spoon, and fork :)
 Just being in the restaurant made me feel at home and somehow connected with our Ethiopian 'child-to-be'.  The food was awesome, and the people were great.  I can't wait to take our children to eat there, although the Honey Wine is just for mama!!  While we were there, Tor and I took turns looking at the menu and quizzing each other on the different foods.  (Honey Wine and short-term memory games do not go well together)


No comments:

Post a Comment