Friday, December 28, 2012

Unwrapping gifts and wrapping up the year

What a whirlwind of a year it has been! Almost one year ago to the day, Tor and I made the decision to pursue an adoption and now we have a little girl that I can't imagine not ever having in our lives...and another on the way :)  It has been a year of changes, in which I have learned a lot about myself and just about life in general.  I am so proud of us, especially of Zeia in her adjustment to her new life here with us.  She is a vivacious little girl full of love and bubbling energy.  I can never get enough of her smile, as it lets me know she is happy too.

Christmas Joy!!
2013 promises to be another year of change, and we are bracing ourselves for Baby T as best we can.  I think Zeia will be a great big sister, although I am prepared for her to need patience and time for her own adjustment to the new baby.  It will be interesting to say the least...


Happy Holiday Hugs
We are so fortunate to have such great support from our family and friends.  We are surrounded by love, and wonderful grandparents :)
This year we hosted Christmas dinner at our house, and Nick provided the ultimate spread!  Our exchange student was here with his wife who is visiting from Brazil, and Momoe came through towards the end of the night as well.  It was a great feast, with laughs and love all around.  I think Zeia truly enjoyed her very first Christmas...even if we didn't have a tree.


Some of my favorite Christmas photos


Gingerbread Girl 

1st and only candy cane




Making brown people for the gingerbread house
Gingerbread cottage complete...ignore the falling tree

No comments:

Post a Comment