Saturday, September 29, 2012

Home at last, home at last!

We made it!

We are finally a happy family of 3 at home together.  I cannot express my feelings in words these days.  It is a combination of happiness, joy, peace, excitement, and a little anxiety.  It is a big change for everyone and I try to remember what an adjustment it is for baby girl most of all.  We have been preparing for this for months and months, but she has not.  Yet and still, this is one strong little girl!  She is so resilient...it amazes me.  Her smiles never stop (for the most part), and she just keeps enjoying her day no matter what.















Even her sleep is going well!  We are actually quite shocked, and very happy, that she is basically sleeping through the night for 11-12 hours with only 1 wake-up for a bottle and then she is right back to sleep.  For our part, Tor and I have read all the favorite sleep books and absorbed advice from our fellow new parents.  We dont even have to drive around the block with her to get her to sleep ;)


Last week we had our first playgroup, and it was a blast! The parents and the babies all had fun in the park and at Rebecca's house.  The bonding is going well, and she played very well with the other little ones.

Aya, Enzo, Zeia, Teddy, and Lance



Cutest expressions ever

Sharing nicely

The ladies of the playgroup



2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! I am so happy for you! I am just getting started in the process, but your blog has been an inspiration to me already! I am actually from the Bay Area as well, but I currently live in Minnesota. Feel free to take a look at my blog, http://loveacrosstheglobe.blogspot.com/p/cost.html, I wish you and your family God's best and I will continue to checkout your blog!

    ReplyDelete