Tuesday, April 24, 2012

REFERRAL!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!

I have looked at her 12 photos about a million times.  I have been saying her name in my head all day, and I can see her smile when I close my eyes.  But I still cant believe we got the call today that will change our lives forever.  I know there are people who can feel "today is the day"...that was not me.  I was expecting to hear from Radu about our decision to possible accept 2 children, but I did not at all expect an email with "referral" in the subject line.  She is BEAUTIFUL!!  I will not be able to post any pics of her just yet, but trust me on this one...she is one adorable little girl.

So - next steps - we are meeting with a doctor from Children's Hospital tomorrow who will give us her opinion about her health based on the medical forms sent to us from the agency.  Then, assuming we accept the referral, we will wait for a court date in Ethiopia.  After that, we will return in 6-8 weeks to pick her up once her passport and VISA are ready at the Embassy.

I don't imagine that people who are not familiar with this process realize just how insane a 3-week referral is...adoptive parents will definitely get it :)  I think the average wait is about 6-9 months...3 weeks is crazy people.  CRAZY!  We are so lucky and so fortunate to have to come this far in barely 4 months, which really has kinda flown by.  Now, its on to the next step to bring our little "T" home with us forever.

1 comment: