Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fingerprints by choice

So our official fingerprint appointment was mailed to us...for March 29th.  I assumed that since everything up to this point has been so formal and strict, I would just wait the 3 weeks.  Then, I read that on someone's blog that they just showed up at the location and magically...they were able to be seen.  Just like that.  So, I did the same...and it worked!!  It was surprisingly easy so I called Tor who hadn't left work yet, and he agreed to go in too.  Voila!  We now have our fingerprints on file with the USCIS :)  2 weeks early.  I have to admit I am pleased, but still aware that things can turn either way.

Tor and I are still tossing around the idea of adopting 2 kids...yeah, can you imagine?  Considering we are still working on babies the old-fashioned way, I cannot imagine having 3 kids running around the Xmas tree.  Although - given the horribly lonely and miserable holiday season we just went through, I may have a whole kindergarten class by the end of the year.

Last weekend we went up to Benicia to hang out with our friends Gian and Tara, and their daughter Gemma...who is 4 (and 1/2!). We had soooo much fun walking the dogs and exploring their neighborhood.  Gemma and I became total BFFs!  I have to write this down so I can remind her of it in 10 years: As we were leaving, Gemma told us "I'm gonna wave to you guys until I can't see you anymore...but mostly I'll be waving to you Drea".  This might be the cutest thing a kid has ever said to me...it totally made my day, probably my year :)

Gemma and I adoring each other before dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment