Tuesday, January 17, 2012

And we're off...

I just came back to my desk from FEDEX, mailing the applications to Adoption Avenues (placement agency) and Angel's Haven (homestudy agency)!! I am so excited and nervous and excited and nervous :) After my grandmother's memorial services this past weekend, I became even more convinced that this is the right thing to do.  We only live once, and we have to live to fulfill a purpose.  My purpose is to love a child that has no one to love them, to give them a home that they otherwise may not have.
I have decided that the internet is truly a blessing and a curse at times.  I have been so overwhelmed with information on the adoption process...from the Yahoo groups to the agency review sites etc.  One person gives 1 star, and someone gives 5.  Everyone you call is amazing on the phone; you want to be best friends with them!  Then, you read that someone wrote an ugly blog post that criticized every aspect of them as a person...good grief.  Some of it is actually very discouraging and so I have decided to continue on this path and not look back!

No comments:

Post a Comment